Thursday, February 21, 2008

I finally got what was coming to me!

I think I told everyone I know, but last October the company I was working for went bankrupt almost overnight. Luckily, I had a little bit of savings since Glyn and I were planning on backpacking. I started working immediately: private lessons, part-time teaching at English schools and cram schools, transcribing, freelance writing...literally any way I could make money.

Today, Glyn called me while I was out to dinner with my Japanese sister Yoko announcing that we got the paperwork required to file for our lost wages! I'm finally get paid for the three months I endured with no steady pay. This changes everything! Instead of having to go to work almost immediately in the fall after I finish the summer camp in Italy. Instead, I can take my time (not too much) finding a job I like in a country/city I like. I can take two or three months longer and travel to Eastern Europe or India. I can take the time to write a novel--which I've been wanting to do but wasn't sure if I would have the time.

This changes everything. Haaaaaa.....A huge sigh of relief!

No comments: